The leader begins the Rosary with the “Sign of the Cross” followed by the intentions of the Campus Rosary Crusade, then the Apostles’ Creed:
The Sign of the Cross
- Leader: In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
The Apostles’ Creed
- Leader: I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
- Everyone: I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
The leader should pray the first part of the “Our Father” on the first large bead after the Crucifix and everyone else should pray the second part:
The Our Father
- Leader: Our Father, Who art in heaven; hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Everyone: Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
For the next three beads, the leader announces: “For an Increase in the Virtues of Faith, Hope, and Charity,” and then prays the first part of the “Hail Mary”. Everyone prays the second part on each bead.
The Hail Mary
- Leader: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
- Everyone: Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The last bead represents the “Glory Be to the Father” and the “Fatima Prayer” which are also prayed after each mystery of the Rosary:
Glory Be to the Father
- Leader: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
- Everyone: As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
The Fatima Prayer
- Everyone: “O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy.”
The leader then announces the first mystery of the Rosary, followed by one “Our Father.”
One “Hail Mary” should then be prayed on each of the 10 beads between the mysteries.
Each mystery concludes with the “Glory Be to the Father” and the “Fatima Prayer.”
Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for each mystery of the Rosary.
At the end of the Rosary, everyone prays the “Hail Holy Queen.”
The Hail Holy Queen
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
- Leader: “Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God,”
- Everyone: “That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.”
- Leader: “In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”